In December 2022, the Malta Financial Services authority (MFSA) launched a consultation process which ended in January 2023, in relation to a new framework for the Notified Professional Investor Fund (NPIF). The launch of the final rules is expected in the coming weeks.
- Can be launched as long as AUM is less than €100M.
- Can be managed by a Malta/ EU de-minimis AIFM or 3rd country AIFM.
- No-licensing process – only subject to a notification process following a due diligence exercise to be carried out by a Fund Administrator, AIFM or Company Service Provider.
- No exclusions in terms of underlying strategy apart from lending activities.
- No need to appoint a custodian subject to appropriate safekeeping arrangements in place.
- Can be offered to Qualifying Investors.
How we can help:
- Set up and initial due diligence.
- Ongoing administration.
- Provision of AML and other supportive services.
Reach out on firstname.lastname@example.org or by replying to this email for more detail or an initial discussion.